Eclair(Android) Â features include:
- The most important new feature in Android 2.0 is support for multi-touch devices. Up to 3 fingers can be tracked on the screen at a time. Among other things, this allows for faster typing on the virtual keyboard and multi-touch gestures for zooming and scrolling.
- Android 2.0 has a single, secure interface for managing multiple online accounts. You can enter your credentials once (for example your email address and password) so that applications donâ€™t have to prompt you for those individually.
- The email and contact apps support multiple accounts, including Microsoft Exchange Server. (Note: Exchange support is optional and some carriers might not offer it, but the Motorola Droid will have it).
- Support for soft keys. Some new Android devices will not have hardware buttons for HOME, MENU, BACK, and so forth. Instead, theyâ€™ll either have touch-sensitive areas on the front of the device, or dedicated widgets or soft key areas on the main display.
- An updated browser with a refreshed user interface, web page thumbnails, and better support for HTML5 (including the <video> tag).
- An enhanced camera app with features like digital zoom, flash, color effects, and more.
- Searchable SMS and MMS messages.