Microsoft Pre-release Software Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0 Community Technology Preview (CTP)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework 4.0 are the next generation development tools and platform for Windows Vista, the 2007 Office System, and the Web.
- Supported Operating Systems:Â Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- Minimum 75 GB available HDD space
- The host computer must have a minimum of 2 GB RAM, with 1 GB allocated to the host operating system and 1 GB allocated to the VPC.
- We recommend that the host computer CPU be at least a Core Duo 2 GHz processor.
- Service Pack 1 of Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 is required to access the VPC.
- Download and installÂ Virtual PC 2007 Service Pack 1.
- Click the Download buttons on this page to download all parts of the Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0 CTP. The first part is a self-extracting EXE and will prompt for the other parts.
- VisualStudio2010CTP_11PartsTotal.part01.exe extracts two files (VisualStudio2010CTP.vhd and VisualStudio2010CTP.vmc). You will need to read and accept the License Terms before extraction proceeds.
- Launch the Virtual PC Console.
- Click the New button to launch the â€œNew Virtual Machine Wizardâ€.
- Navigate to the Options page and select “Add An existing Virtual Machine” radio button.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the location you extracted the files to and select the VisualStudio2010CTP.vmc image.
- Select the â€œWhen I click Finish, Open Settingsâ€ checkbox and click Finish.
- On the left pane for the dialog “Settings for VisualStudio2010CTP”, select Hard Disk 1. Then on the righ pane, select the button “Virtual hard disk file”, and navigate to the location of VisualStudio2010CTP.vhd that you downloaded during Step 3 above. Click ok to close the dialog.
- Select the new image entry, VisualStudio2010CTP, and click Start.
- To logon to the machine, click on Action Menu (Shortcut: Right Alt+Del) on the VPC console and use the following credentials:
- Administrator:Â TFSSETUP, password:Â 1SetuptfsÂ (use this account to explore the CTP)
- Administrator:Â Administrator,password:Â P2ssw0rd
- User:Â TFSREPORTS, password:Â 1Reports
- User:Â TFSSERVICE, password:Â 1Service
To run the walkthroughs you must logon using theÂ TFSSETUPÂ account with password ofÂ 1Setuptfs.
The following logon accounts and passwords have been preconfigured on the VPC: