iPhone 3G and 3GS:
- Update your iPhone to new 3.1.2 firmware directly using iTunes or by using the direct download links and using shift+restore on iTunes
- Download and installÂ Blackra1n RC3 fromÂ http://www.blackra1n.com
- Run the software to Ra1n your iPhone (Click the â€œmake it ra1nâ€ icon).Takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- After iPhone reboots, openÂ blackra1n.app and you should now see â€œsn0wâ€.
- Click â€œsn0wâ€ to install Blacksn0w. This will Unlock your iPhone 3G, 3GS running 3.1.2 firmware on 05.11.07 baseband.
For iPhone 3G and 3GS who previously installed blackra1n:
If you are a loyal blackra1n user who kept the blackra1n.app on your iPhone, run it. You will see Icy replaced by an option â€œra1nâ€. Install this to upgrade your app. After upgrading, run blackra1n.app again. You will see â€œsn0wâ€. Install this, and enjoy your unlocked iPhone.