- A camel is a horse designed by committee.
Meaning: a vision is more perfect from the individual rather than a group of people where it becomes anodyne.
- A cat may look at a king.
Meaning: If a cat may look at the king – then I have a right to look where I please.
- A chain is no stronger than its weakest link.
Meaning: The strength of any group depends on the individual strength of each of its members.
- The child is father to the man.
Meaning: What is true of a child will still be true when it grows up; or, early experiences shape future character.
- A closed mouth catches no flies.
Meaning: You cannot say a bad thing if you don’t speak at all.
- A coin of gold is delighting in a bag of silver coins
Meaning: One who is unique is often praised or receives more pleasure.
- A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once.
Meaning: The valiant (the brave) take no account of possible danger, whereas cowards are constantly fearing the worst.
- Different strokes for different folks.
Meaning: Someone prefers one thing; others, something different.
- Discretion is the better part of valour.
Meaning: Caution is preferable to rash bravery.
- Don’t burn your bridges.
Meaning: Do not act in such a way as to leave yourself no alternative or no opportunity to “retreat.”
- Don’t cry over spilt milk.
Meaning: Don’t worry about things that have already happened.
- Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face.
Meaning: Do not mix yourself in others problems.
- A fox smells its own lair first. Or: A fox smells its own stink first.
Meaning: One knows where they belong, and knows when they make a mistake.
- Give him an inch and he’ll take a yard.
meaning: Once concessions have been made to someone they will demand a great deal more
- A good beginning makes (for) a good ending.
Meaning: Planning is the key to success.
- Good wine needs no bush.
Meaning: Something desirable of quality and substance need not be embellished..
- In the mind of thieves the moon is always shining.
Meaning: dishonest persons have to be always on the alert to avoid getting caught.
- Actions speak louder than words.
Meaning: It’s easy to say you believe something, but people are more likely to risk cash or possessions on something they truly believe.
Proverbs run in pairs.
Meaning: Every proverb seems to be contradicted by another proverb with an opposed message, such as “too many cooks spoil the broth” and “many hands make light work.”
Thanks bro for sharing these kinda valuable stuffs
Credits : Mahendra Varma