Adding a Gizmo number
To forward your Google Voice calls to a Gizmo number, first you need to identify your Gizmo SIP number. In your Gizmo client, go toÂ my.gizmo5.com. Your SIP number is displayed below your name, and most likely starts with 747. Enter this 10-digit number as one of your phones. Here’s how:
- Sign in to Google Voice.
- Go to theÂ Settings link at the top right of the page.
- Click theÂ Add/Edit Number link right above your phones, to the right of the page.
- Click theÂ Phones tab.
- ClickÂ Add a new number.
- SelectÂ Gizmo in theÂ Phone Type drop-down menu.
- Enter your SIP number without 1.
- Enter a name for that phone, if you want.
- ClickÂ Save.
Taking calls from Gizmo
- Make sure you are signed in to your Gizmo client.
- Accept the call when it comes in by choosingÂ answer call in the call notification window. You’ll hear the Google Voice call presentation.
- Click the dialpad tab in the Gizmo client to choose your call handling option. Make sure you don’t click your keyboard.
- Click 1 to be connected, 2 to send the caller to voicemail, 3 to ListenIn, or 4 to record the call.