indows 7 allows you to easily change the background of this new login screen, soÂ you can use any of your favorite wallpaper as login screen background without using any 3rd party software.
How to do that? Just follow these simple steps:
1. TypeÂ regedit in RUN or Startmenu search box and press Enter. It’ll openÂ Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Now in right-side pane, change value ofÂ OEMBackground toÂ 1
4. Now go to following folder:
Here %windir% represents “Windows” folder present in the system drive where Windows 7 is installed.
5. Create a new folder “info” insideÂ oobe folder. Then again create a new folder “backgrounds” insideÂ info folder. So the final path would be:
6. Now copy any desired wallpaper to this new “backgrounds” folder but following conditions must be followed:
- The image name must beÂ backgroundDefault.jpg.
- The image size must be less thanÂ 256 KB.
- The image format must beÂ JPG.
7. That’s it. Once you copy the wallpaper to “backgrounds” folder, your Windows 7 login screen will start using this new wallpaper as background. You can check the new login screen background by logging off or locking Windows.